Here in northern Wisconsin, you can never predict the weather. Over the last couple of weeks temps have barely gotten over zero degrees. With temperatures that low it is way more likely for your water pipes to freeze. Frozen pipes came make quite the mess, cost you lost of money and down time for your business. Frozen pipes are not the way you want to spend your time. The water pipes can burst causing more water damage and with the subzero temps it can take a long time for clean-up, can also be the perfect habitat for mold to grow. We need to remember to always leave all indoor faucets at a steady drip. Leaving them run can release any built-up pressure that can cause your pipes to burst. We at SERVPRO are always here to give you any helpful tips we can.
Helpful tips to keep you safe on these cold days
When doing winter storm damage repair or even inspections there are a few things to do.
- Wear two layers of clothing. Our guys are trained to wear more clothing for better insulation out in the colder temperatures of the great northern Wisconsin winters. There first layer should be a thick insulation layer and the second should be a waterproof layer. Waterproof is because getting wet from the rain or snow can cause your body temp to drop and cause hyperthermia.
- Wear slip- resistant boots while checking roof tops. Its very common for snow to build-up on rooftops in the winter. It is also very important to clean them off. Heat from inside your home can cause the snow to melt and then refreezing causing ice to form, that is why is very important to wear slip- resistant boots.
- Account for temperature correction when testing for moisture. Moisture meters are a critical tool for building restoration, helping our technicians pinpoint moisture intrusion sources so they can properly be remediated. Pin-type meters are very popular because they work in a verity of building materials.
- Bring spare moisture meter electrodes. Meter electrodes can be very brittle especially when working outside in freezing temperatures.
- Check meter calibrations before each shift. It is very important to calibrate everyday to insure you are getting the correct reading. A correct reading helps make sure the job is done correctly.
Happy customer, happy SERVPRO
We at SERVPRO of Hayward love getting feed back from our customers on how we did in their home or business. Here a review from one of you recent customers.
Your team of experts restored my basement back to normal, ALL DRIED OUT !!!!! , AMAZING ??!!
Can’t thank you enough for coming out on New Years Day / 9pm to start the process!! Service companies should look at your customer service model / response times and follow it !!! SERVPRO is spot on with professional services, unbeatable response times when disaster hit in the worst times of the day !!! Working with my insurance company to solve ALL of the back office work and submit the proper documentation to insure my claim was processed effectively!!
Sincerely Brad L. / VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER!!
Storms of all kinds
As we sit here up in the great northwestern part of Wisconsin, we kind of tend to forget that not all storms are the same. Storms are bad on all levels, whether it is a hurricane, a sand storm, a firestorm, a hail storm, a tornado, a rainstorm, flooding, and a winter storm, they all require a great amount of attention from our emergency personnel, and ourselves to stay safe. We want you to know as a customer you will always be our #1 in any need of yours whether you suffer from a smoke-filled home due to a fire, or a broken water pipe in your basement due to freezing temperatures. We will make sure we are there for you from start to finish and our trained and certified production team will handle your emergency as professionals. Give us a call at 715-634-0699.
During a storm where there is a power outage, generators come in very handy. When using a generator you need to take many precautions. We at SERVPRO would like to give you a few very helpful tips on safely operating a generator.
- Positon generator outside and away from any structure. Running a generator inside can cause fatal levels of carbon monoxide. Keep generators at least 15 feet away from your home/business to prevent exhaust from entering.
- Disconnect to the power source coming into your home/business. Power from the generator could be sent back into the utility line causing hazardous conditions for utility workers.
- Make sure your generator is properly grounded. Grounding your generator helps prevent shocks and electrocutions. Refer to the OSHA guidelines for grounding requirements.
- Plug equipment directly into the generator. Use a heavy-duty, outdoor extension cord, which has a wire gauge that can handle the electric load of any connected appliances.
- DO NOT plug generators into a wall outlet. Never try to power a generator from a wall outlet or main electrical panel. Only a licensed electrician should connect a generator to the main panel by installing the proper equipment according to the electrical codes.
- Make sure you have enough fuel to run your generator. Always turn off and let the generator before refueling. Inspect and maintain your generator regularly.
Relationships require a lot of hard work, good work, you must be fast and responsive to make the relationship work, and make sure great work is being done!
This comes in all aspects of personal and business. At SERVPRO of Hayward, we pride ourselves on creating that relationship from start to finish. WE are Very dedicated to building a strong relationship with our customers. It is always important to gain trust and respect. We go to all lengths to make our customers as happy as can be. Trust is key!!
This is why SERVPRO.
If the unfortunate of disaster strikes, please know we will be there for you from beginning to end.
Give us a call at 715-634-0699 for 24/7 Emergency Services.
Have you had a break in or vandalism to your property? Have you taken inventory of the contents of your home recently? Did you know by taking accurate inventory helps keep costs low and reduces job completion time? This simply can be done by taking photos or video. There are also many free forms on the web where you can go room-by-room and create an inventory. If this unfortunate event of vandalism happens to you, we at SERVPRO of Hayward is here, by contacting us at (715)634-0699. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. They also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods and human or animal waste. Also if there has been an accident, trauma, crime, or death trained SERVPRO Franchise Technicians can remove and dispose of biohazardous substances according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. We at SERVPRO of Hayward hopes this unfortunate event never happens, but if it arises give us a call at (715)634-0699
Giving sprit is the way we are here at SERVPRO of Hayward. We love to see the smiling faces in our communities (even through the masks) We serve over 13 counties in northern Wisconsin. Our main goal is to make sure our customers are always happy. This year even with the COVID-19 pandemic that has been going on for over a year now, our marketing team has been able to make our rounds. We did have to stay in the office for about eight months but right before Christmas we were able to go out and deliver some wonderful cookies to our clients. We were also able to help our local communities with a couple donations. They were very appreciative! We always want to bring smiles to as many people as we can through these dark times.
A Special Kind of Clean
Over the years SERVPRO has evolved from just a restoration company to being able to clean just about anything in your home or business. SERVPRO also knows you do not have the time to wait and want to get back to regular business as soon as possible. We have specialized training and product in many different commercial cleaning areas, including:
Air duct and HVAC
Carpet and Upholstery
Ceilings, floors, and walls
Drapes and blinds
Trauma and crime scene cleanup
We do still do all of our original restoration cleaning such as:
We are here to help 24/7 365 days a year. There is not job too big or too small we can make it "Like it never even happened."
As this world unfolds into the crazy place of the unknown. SERVPRO wants to do everything they can do to make you feel as safe as possible. We have a specialized viral pathogen-cleaning program that prevents the spread of COVID-19. We something just for you, our COVID-19 cleanings. It all starts with the 3 C’s
- We assign you a cleaning protocol specialist who understands your home or business
- These programs are based on a range of factors: type if industry, type of business, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic, and congestion points
- Trained and experienced in biohazard cleaning and decontamination for porous and non-porous surfaces. We are always adhering to cleaning and sanitization standards set by the CDC
- Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!! Our team is committed to the comfort and security of not only our employees but also our customers and our community
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 cleanings, please give us a call. 715-634-0699