Document Restoration Services
Do you have a place of business that handles a lot of documents? What happens if there is a water loss? Who is going to take care of those documents? Instead of using a subcontractor, keep it green! Document Restoration Services are now available through SERVPRO of Hayward.
Our team, along with the help of the Document Restoration team if necessary, will inventory the documents at the site of the loss, pack them up, then ship them to SERVPRO Corporate. In some cases, cold storage or refrigerated trucks may be needed, but the Document Restoration team will advise and assist where necessary. Once documents arrive, the boxes will be inventoried, placed in cold storage if necessary, and the drying process will begin.
The Document Restoration Team uses sublimation, this turns a solid directly into a vapor, skipping the liquid stage to avoid causing more damage to the documents. This process can recover even the most delicate items, from documents to photographs and x-rays, to entire business archives. Depending on the type of job, documents can also be decontaminated, cleaned, deodorized, and even digitized.
Some of the services include cleaning which involves the Document Restoration Team which will go through each box page by page to wipe down and remove dirt, soot, or other contaminants.
There are 3 levels of cleaning based on the type of soiling, and how heavy it is.
Many times documents that have been affected will hold residual smells of contaminants, or mildew, and should be deodorized before being returned to your client.
With the new age of technology, digitizing records and documents has become a standard practice in most industries. This eliminates the need to have massive file storage rooms and allows us to access records at the click of a button. If your file room was damaged by water or smoke and needs to be cleaned, dried or decontaminated, digitizing might be a good choice to eliminate the need to have hundreds or even thousands of documents and records in your storage.
In a CAT 3 situation (sewage or flood water), documents are not only deteriorating but are also infected with all types of bacteria. In most storm situations, you are dealing with CAT 3 water; therefore, most of the affected documents you encounter will be contaminated. Gamma irradiation is a process used for cleaning/disinfecting and decontaminating documents or other consumer goods.
If this is the case, decontamination is always a must. In living cells, these disruptions result in damage to the DNA and other cellular structures. These photon-induced changes at the molecular level cause the death of the organism or render the organism incapable of reproduction. The gamma process does not create residuals or impart radioactivity in processed products.
Unfortunately, many businesses and government agencies have to dispose of counterfeit, faulty, expired or contaminated materials. All entities need to be certified that their products and materials are destroyed. The guarantee of certified destruction is to protect one’s liabilities, brand image or proprietary information.
Just another service we can provide to homeowners and businesses for the non-replaceable items.
All employees of the Document Restoration Team are HIPAA Master certified and once your items arrive at the SERVPRO facility, 24/7 video surveillance.
If this is something you are more interested in please give us a call at 715-634-1929.
Thanksgiving Day Tips for Emergency Prevention
Did you know that Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires, followed by Christmas, and Christmas Eve? We want you to enjoy these days with your loved ones, so here are a few safety tips for when you are cooking that scrumptious meal.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids or toys.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
Be especially aware when Deep Frying a turkey, people tend to put too much oil in which causes overflow and spreads to the open flame causing a mass fireball. Also putting in a frozen or very wet bird can cause major problems which they call B.L.E.V.E which stands for Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion.
- Always use fryer outside away from any structure
- Keep oil under 350 degrees, the hotter the oil the more combustible it is
- Don’t overfill the pot with oil
- Thoroughly defrost turkey(24 hours for every 10 pounds the turkey weighs)
- Turn off flame before putting turkey in
- Keep grease fire approved extinguisher on hand
- Lower turkey into pot slowly
If by unfortunate event you have an emergency this Holiday Season please know your SERVPRO of Hayward is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on Holidays. Contact us if need be at (715)634-0699 and we will be there to help. Happy Holidays!
Is your property properly inventoried?
Have you had a break in or vandalism to your property? Have you taken inventory of the contents of your home recently? Did you know by taking accurate inventory helps keep costs low and reduces job completion time? This simply can be done by taking photos or video. There are also many free forms on the web where you can go room-by-room and create an inventory. If this unfortunate event of vandalism happens to you, we at SERVPRO of Hayward is here, by contacting us at (715)63-0699. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. They also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods and human or animal waste. Also if there has been an accident, trauma, crime, or death trained SERVPRO Franchise Technicians can remove and dispose of biohazardous substances according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. We at SERVPRO of Hayward hopes this unfortunate event never happens, but if it arises give us a call at (715)634-0699
Does your Hayward Home have a mold problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 715-634-0699
Hayward Area Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Hayward will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today –715-634-0699
If your commercial property or place of business is in the midst of a disaster, who is taking care of your documents?
A lot of times at businesses we are required to save documents for a length of time, and where do those documents tend to get stored? In a basement or box? What if those documents are under water or a fire has occurred, are you just going to through them away?
At SERVPRO of Hayward, we are able to take care of that problem for you. We are able to send these documents off to do what we call document drying. There are many forms of this depending on how your documents are affected. We are able to do freeze drying, cleaning, digitization, deodorization, and sterilize these documents if mold has occurred. With the understanding that not every document will never look the same or new again, we are able to save them so you don’t have to throw them away. Mind you the faster we get to these items the faster we can get them to the proper method to save them and get them stabilized.
So what is your plan for your business, schools, banks, government buildings, and hospitals? Give us a call at 715-634-0699 to see what we can do for you. No worries our corporate SERVPRO where these documents get sent off to are also HIPAA certified, so if you are a hospital or care facility they are safe with us.
Relationships are everything
Relationships require a lot of hard work, good work, you must be fast and responsive to make the relationship work, and make sure great work is being done!
This comes in all aspects of personal and business. At SERVPRO of Hayward, we pride ourselves on creating that relationship from start to finish. I want to share a comment from one of our customers that proved we stand by what we say.
"We want to thank you for your services. Your efforts, professionalism, and fantastic customer service was top notch."
This was just a portion of the note we received. This is why SERVPRO.
If the unfortunate of disaster strikes, please know we will be there for you from beginning to end.
Give us a call at 715-634-0699 for 24/7 Emergency Services.
Fall can be a beautiful time of year, but can also lead to a lot of work for homeowners. The simple picking up of leaves can be a daunting task when they never stop falling. Here are a few tips to get your home and property ready for the upcoming cool air and soon to be winter weather. If an emergency does arise SERVPRO of Hayward is here to help.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 715-634-0699
- Clean gutters and downspouts. Once most of the leaves have fallen, clean out gutters and downspouts (hire a helper if you are not comfortable on a ladder). Clogged gutters during rainstorms can cause water to pool and damage your roof or siding.
- Make exterior repairs. Take a walk around your property, looking for signs of damage to the roof, siding and foundation. If you spot anything that needs repair, schedule it before winter weather hits.
- Seal gaps where critters could enter. Mice need only a tiny gap to be able to sneak into your house and raid your pantry — and with colder weather coming, all of the little critters out there will be looking for warm places to make a home. Fill small holes and cover any larger gaps securely with heavy-duty hardware cloth to keep the wildlife outdoors.
By doing these simple maintenance tips you can possible prevent water damage, or fire to your home. SERVPRO of Hayward specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Grilling Summer Safety Tips
Warm spring days are upon us, and maybe you grill all year long or maybe you wait for these wonderful warm times of the year. Either way make sure you are following safety guidelines when firing up your grill so you can prevent a fire elsewhere. SERVPRO of Hayward wants you to have a safe summer!
Nearly 9,000 home fires a year involve grills, according to a National Fire Protection Association report. Of all the home fires involving grills, gas-fueled grills accounted for four out of five fires, while 16% involved charcoal or other solid-fueled grills.
A leak or break was the leading factor contributing to gas grill-related fires, according to the NFPA report.
- Check the gas cylinder hose for leaks before using it for the first time each year.
- Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose, which will quickly reveal escaping gas by releasing bubbles.
- If you smell or otherwise suspect a gas leak, and there is no flame, turn off the gas tank and grill. If the leak stops, get a professional to service it before using it again. Call the fire department if the leak does not stop.
- If you smell gas while cooking, get away from the grill immediately and call the fire department. Do not attempt to move the grill.
- Never turn on the gas when the lid is closed. The gas may build up inside, and when ignited, the lid could blow off and cause injuries or burns.
- After cooking, make sure you completely close the valve on your gas grill.
- Always store gas grills – and propane tanks – outside and away from your house.
- The leading cause of structure fires from use of charcoal grills was leaving or placing an object that could burn too close to the grill, according to the NFPA study.
- Charcoal grills can continue to remain hot for many hours after the flames extinguish. Avoid placing any burnable objects near the grill or moving the grill while the coals are hot. Keep combustible items that may be blown by the wind away from the grill.
- Check for rust damage in metal grills, which may make it possible for charcoal to fall through onto surfaces below and cause a fire.
- Purchase the proper starter fluid. Store out of reach from children and away from heat sources.
- Do not add charcoal starter fluid when coals or kindling have already been ignited. Never use any other flammable or combustible liquid to get the fire started.
- If the fire is too low, rekindle with dry kindling and more charcoal if needed. Avoid adding liquid fuel because it can cause a flash fire.
- Do not leave the grill unattended.
- SERVPRO of Hayward is here to help and serve you in your time of need, give us a call at715-634-0699, if disaster strikes.
The Dangers of Mold
Not that rain has been an issue for us lately in Northern Wisconsin, but here at SERVPRO of Hayward we like to stay on top of things, and want to talk about if you have flooding and it isn’t properly mitigated it can cause some mold dangers. The lingering moisture from floodwater may elevate the risk of mold growth. SERVPRO of Hayward can properly remediate mold damage in your home. Or better yet if you get the flood waters removed and properly dried out by our professionals you can prevent this from happening. Mold can cause health problems, and if not properly taken care of can spread very quickly. Let our team at SERVPRO of Hayward help you out so your home or business isn’t put at risk and especially you or your loved ones. Give us a call at 715-634-0699.